Sunday, October 19, 2008

f to the 3rd power

Well tonight we had the fundraiser that we were planning for a manager that we have worked with for a long time. Mark was diagnosed with brain cancer a few months ago. I have to admit that I was really impressed with the turnout. People really have a way of coming together when you need them too. Kendal, Amy and I made shirts especially for the occasion. Black tshirts with F to the 3rd power...meaning, Fraser Family Fundraiser. We managed to raise over $3,000 for the family and it was really truly a great feeling to give it to Mark and Cindy before they left tonight. It really feels amazing doing something so selfless and thoughtful for someone else. Also there was a anonymous donation given to the family in $24,000!
It was a very successful night!
I keep Mark and his family in my thoughts all the time. You can read about his story and his family at caringbridge.org. The password is markfraser.


1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Hey sweets! That is a very nice thing that you guys did! I'm proud of you!